The Asian Commercial Sex Scene

The Asian Commercial Sex Scene (https://sbfsg.agency/index.php)
-   Adult Discussions about SEX (https://sbfsg.agency/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law (https://sbfsg.agency/showthread.php?t=40761)

Dr4ke 28-04-2024 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankiestine (Post 23281363)
I was advised that grounds of divorce has no impact on custody of children unless one of the other party has been found to be unfit such as mentality disturb, abusive etc.

This is so sad, what if the kid is closer to the father.. haiz

Frankiestine 28-04-2024 09:52 AM

Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr4ke (Post 23283398)
This is so sad, what if the kid is closer to the father.. haiz

Last time lawyer told me cos in Singapore judge don't consider the cause because a bad wife doesn't mean bad mother other then those reasons mentioned....but in general most of the time it goes to the mother unless she express her desire not to be awarded..

Dr4ke 28-04-2024 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankiestine (Post 23283932)
Last time lawyer told me cos in Singapore judge don't consider the cause because a bad wife doesn't mean bad mother other then those reasons mentioned....but in general most of the time it goes to the mother unless she express her desire not to be awarded..

Seems like guys always at the losing end in marriages, needa choose wisely

Frankiestine 29-04-2024 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr4ke (Post 23284484)
Seems like guys always at the losing end in marriages, needa choose wisely

That's the power of the Woman Chapter Act, an archaic shit piece of law..

geylangpom 29-04-2024 10:43 AM

Quote:

I was advised that grounds of divorce has no impact on custody of children unless one of the other party has been found to be unfit such as mentality disturb, abusive etc.

yes and what if the mother is having an affair and doesn't have a job, can she still get custody?

alvencalve 29-04-2024 10:58 AM

Quote:

In this way, the kid will automatically continue to be cared for by a mother, if the mother is deemed not to have a mental or health disorder? even though the divorce was triggered by a mistake on the wife's part?

Frankiestine 30-04-2024 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geylangpom (Post 23286858)
yes and what if the mother is having an affair and doesn't have a job, can she still get custody?

Not unless the family law has been updated, as I had elaborated earlier from what lawyer said, the cause of the divorce does not affect the custodian rights of the parent..unless as I said the other half has proof that the mother/father has negligent in exercising their duties as parent or abusive etc...

Frankiestine 30-04-2024 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvencalve (Post 23286889)
In this way, the kid will automatically continue to be cared for by a mother, if the mother is deemed not to have a mental or health disorder? even though the divorce was triggered by a mistake on the wife's part?

I won't say its 100% auto but i believe majority of the cases its the woman who has care and custody..

chung525 30-04-2024 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankiestine (Post 23289930)
Not unless the family law has been updated, as I had elaborated earlier from what lawyer said, the cause of the divorce does not affect the custodian rights of the parent..unless as I said the other half has proof that the mother/father has negligent in exercising their duties as parent or abusive etc...

I divorced my first wife because she cheated on me. I asked for custody of my child. but I didn't get it because our child is still 6 years old. My child is with my ex-wife, but we are allowed to parent together

chavez 01-05-2024 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chung525 (Post 23290742)
I divorced my first wife because she cheated on me. I asked for custody of my child. but I didn't get it because our child is still 6 years old. My child is with my ex-wife, but we are allowed to parent together

I think that's how it is. Because still 6yo automatically with the mother. Sometimes it feels unfair here. child with mother, fixed costs from father but sometimes it is difficult when you want to meet the child

LifeisGoodGood 01-05-2024 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chavez (Post 23292845)
I think that's how it is. Because still 6yo automatically with the mother. Sometimes it feels unfair here. child with mother, fixed costs from father but sometimes it is difficult when you want to meet the child

can apply to court if it is difficult to meet. because it's all in the divorce decree. that father can still meet. but it will indeed go through a complicated process regarding all legal matters

chung525 01-05-2024 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chavez (Post 23292845)

Yes bro. I'm lazy when it comes to law matters because the process is not easy. and I'm afraid it will affect the my kid mental state because it's being fought over

LifeisGoodGood 01-05-2024 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chung525 (Post 23293157)
Yes bro. I'm lazy when it comes to law matters because the process is not easy. and I'm afraid it will affect the my kid mental state because it's being fought over

just do it peacefully. try to melt your ex-wife's heart

popeye21 21-05-2024 05:01 PM

now they amend the law sth like if the parent don allow the child to meet the other parent, report to family court.

if valid reason then i believe its ok but of everytime father want to see the child and the ex wofe disallow giving bullshit reason the court may amend the visitation rights.

i used to be in that situation. care and control to the ex wife but joint custody.meaning anything abput education and health both parents must discuss. ex wife canmot make decision alone. up to the extend i email my son school to tell dem i want to be involve for ptc and all.i showed the cpurt order.

initially the ex thought she can makan me but when she saw that i go all out on this she don dare. anything we both will discuss.and ot has been many years since and we have had a peaceful discussion about our kids

oleon 22-05-2024 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popeye21 (Post 23354144)
now they amend the law sth like if the parent don allow the child to meet the other parent, report to family court.

if valid reason then i believe its ok but of everytime father want to see the child and the ex wofe disallow giving bullshit reason the court may amend the visitation rights.

i used to be in that situation. care and control to the ex wife but joint custody.meaning anything abput education and health both parents must discuss. ex wife canmot make decision alone. up to the extend i email my son school to tell dem i want to be involve for ptc and all.i showed the cpurt order.

initially the ex thought she can makan me but when she saw that i go all out on this she don dare. anything we both will discuss.and ot has been many years since and we have had a peaceful discussion about our kids

but all of that must go through a complicated process, right?