View Single Post
Old 22-06-2015, 02:26 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info Thread

Now this is where the problem and all the mistakes i mention earlier start surfacing. My girl didnt join us for dinner and i really thank God for that as knowing her characteristic well enough,i know she will hardly want to walk around with her high heels.

Now we have 6 person together with 2 girls. So we will need 2 taxis to bring us to a "i also dont know where" non air-con zhi char restaurant,hehehe.Its also quite a distance away from Formosa Hotel. I have the name and address tho...but even with that,taxi drivers still need to struggle to get there. About 15min drive.

And the map behind the name card.....

...and the receipt of our bill for the rush rush dinner below. Haiz...the fact that its been a rush becos we need to catch the Jurrassic Park movie at 615pm in Nagoya Hill Mall. That is one of our key mistake which will later lead to more mistakes in our trip. In past trips,i make it a point,NEVER to rush in anything i do. Everything has to be just slow and steady. It is stupid of me to actually forget this point.

Dinner receipt for 7 person :
http://www.picturevip.com/x/clean/im...06/18/keTY.jpg

Honestly,all of us were practically quite full when we only just had lunch about 3 to 4 hours ago. I believe only me and the friend who brought along the Martell are the only person appreciating the good food in this restaurant as both of us were not sea food fanatics,hehehe....this place is more like a zhi char shop.

The curry fish head was good according to my friends who tried,i only had the curry sauce,hehehe. Very Sillypore style of curry sauce. It is suppose to be the shop's specialty. The pork Ribs and the fried chicken was my favourite. Again i am going to say this again,the food served belongs to the good tasting cartegory,the type that makes people hungrier with every bite. The food i find is a little cheaper than the one at Marine Live and at an almost equal kind of good taste. I cant really make a fair comparison here becos i am comparing base on non-sea food and with entirely different kind of food served on the table. Having said that,if i didnt remember wrong,the chef was a Malaysian,so the food cooked was more towards Maylasian/Sillyporean taste bud. The only bad part of this,its quite a distance from where we stay.

The restaurant also give us very big portion of the food too.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info