View Single Post
Old 23-08-2015, 12:03 AM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 6631 / Power: 16
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialBeing View Post
Recently came back from my first solo trip.. have to say i made quite a few mistakes..
I notice several mistakes, which you did not recognize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialBeing View Post
Tried to bargain for a 40k ride from Harbour bay to Da vienne Hotel but all the drivers insisted on a 60k price, finally settled for 50k, en route to the hotel the driver offered to bring me around looking for girls, plus bring me to massage and makan for 250k, agreed price at 200k.
1) Never bargain with taxi driver. You know what is the price (the best price and the regular price). Take the first taxi, don't speak about price, go to you destination, get off the car, pay the regular price (50k in this case).
No need to waste time in needless discussions. What's more, if you start bargaining, you invariably give the impression you are new and don't know the system.

2) Why to accept the offer to "guide" you? Do you want to let him think you are totally newbie and lost in town? That you need someone to look after you because you are scared to explore? Guaranteed the driver from Harbour Bay will guide you to the most expensive day among all options.
Go to hotel. Then take a ojek to the place you choose from a list found here, or asking someone before. Or even, go to hotel and ask the ojek driver to take you to massage.

Take your time. Relax. No need to have a taxi driver waiting for you outside the hotel. Everyone will know you are lost in town without help and "friendly" guide.
When you are hungry, choose a place to go (plenty of options, plenty of ideas also in this forum) and go there by ojek.
Want a taxi? Are you sure you need a taxi for a 500m-1000m ride to go the food court from hotel?