View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 212 / Power: 19
justime is a Helpful and Caring Samsterjustime is a Helpful and Caring Samsterjustime is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Coping with emotionally investing in a WL relationship

This thread is dedicated to all brothers who are in the throes of pain while in a relationship with a WL. I know its hard and painful (essentially no different from any 'normal' relationship as far as the emotional content is concerned). Friends will deride you - throwing the usual 'commonsense' / you deserve it pitch. You also cannot find empathy (and sympathy) because of the 'unique' nature of the relationship.

This thread will hopefully not touch only in breakup part of the relationship but in the many multi dimensional aspect of emotionally investing with a WL.

To be candid, I am undergoing the healing process due to a breakup presently. The various issues of investing in a relationship with a WL is therefore still fresh in my mind.

Also this is my third relationship with a WL (and it shall probably not be my last). As I am myself is undergoing a cathartic process of healing presently, I thought it expedient if brothers equally suffering can get together and form a 'support' group.

There shall be no judgement passed on the 'folly' of falling in love with WL in the first place. We will share about the various issues and how they impact you. There will be empathy and sharing of experiences (of how we are coping or have coped). Hopefully, by doing so, your healing journey will be made less arduous.

As with friends, I do expect a fair amount of 'kick's' in the proverbial backside too. People will definitely try to drum 'commonsense' into you.

Fellow 'sufferers', you will get none of that from me - as I too am in the same predicament. I have gone through a timultuous relationship before (and going through the pain again currently).

Just a little background:

I'm in my late 30's running a business that I can call my own. I was keeping a 'mistress' who works at a popular niteclub. After a passionate (and expensive) affair of only 6 months, we are calling it quits.

Some 'issues' where I will touch on:

a) Money, money and more money
b) Reality and romantic ideal
c) Question of 'faithfulness/loyalty'.
d) Time requirements.
e) The defination of 'friends' and who you/WL associate with.
f) Jealousy (yours and the WL)
g) Passion and Sex. Is it commoditised?
h) Validation of your own desirability.
i) Long term commitment.

I will elaborate a little more and more about this affair and the above points soon.

Brothers and fellow sufferers, I wish you well.