View Single Post
Old 30-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2995 / Power: 18
tomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Toffee Chatroom - Everton FC

Cahill and Arteta agree five-year Everton deals

Everton have ended any uncertainties over the futures of key players Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta by agreeing new five-year contracts with the pair.

Both had been the subject of speculation linking them with West Ham earlier in the summer, as was striker Andrew Johnson.

At the time an angry manager David Moyes insisted that 'West Ham couldn't afford our players, any of them'.

And now Everton have tied Cahill and Arteta to long-term deals until 2012.

Both players had three years remaining on their existing deals but the Toffees were keen to further extend their contracts to reward the duo for the success they have achieved at Goodison in recent seasons.

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright is delighted to have concluded the negotiations.

'David Moyes and myself were keen to get these important extensions wrapped up before the new season opens,' chairman Bill Kenwright told the club's website.

'We did it in the Everton way - quietly, efficiently and away from the glare of the spotlight.

'Negotiations have been ongoing for several weeks and have now been satisfactorily concluded and I know the two lads are as happy as we are.'