View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 10:48 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 144 / Power: 17
cmelater deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guycmelater deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Group for divorced/sexless marriage/singles Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulempty View Post
This is so true , back in the schooling days , those so called "bad boys" (tall and average looking dude) adventurous and alpha, who were very popular very girls , they dated and have relationship with tons of girls back then , some went to cheong but eventually most of them would settle down with a average girl and become a family man now.

While many of those nerdy specky guys who focus on studies (Not tall and just plain looking) , shy and innocent , those that are not popular with female , they don't have any relationship opportunity in life , they mostly stay single forever , most of the guys who are under this category took on a different life and took on the path of cheonging.

Such is the irony of life.
Cheonging gives man a chance to acquire back the time which he could not have other been able to have. hahahahha.

But, Tony Fernandes (co founder of Air Asia) said this. If there is a girl whom you really want to get her number, what do you do? Do you let it pass or get her number? The answer is, just go get her number because the downside is she rejects you outright and walks away. The upside is you get her number.

Much of life's pains come from acts of omission, rather than commission. That was what Jeff Bezos said. Rather have done it than to lie on death bed in regret.

I like what Steve Jobs said about death is the single most important lesson. I add to him that if not for realising that time is a limited resource, I would not have shed away my shy and fear of rejection like how a caterpillar molts and turns into a butterfly.

I did really dumb things.... though (in retrospect) sounding quite brave. I was drunk one night in the lift at Peace center and a girl got into the lift. My guy friends and I looked at her. It was a few floors more to go. Then, she looked back at me. I told her, "你真的好漂亮。在这一刻,如果我不认识你,就没机会了."

She laughed and nodded. I asked her, "来来,快快加个微信。”

The rest was history (as they always say). While I did really dumb things, its amusing when I recall these memories sometimes.