View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 07:23 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2852 / Power: 10
goodnick has a reputation beyond reputegoodnick has a reputation beyond reputegoodnick has a reputation beyond reputegoodnick has a reputation beyond reputegoodnick has a reputation beyond reputegoodnick has a reputation beyond reputegoodnick has a reputation beyond reputegoodnick has a reputation beyond reputegoodnick has a reputation beyond reputegoodnick has a reputation beyond reputegoodnick has a reputation beyond repute
Eye opener for me even I chiong for many years. Never encountered before. Thanks for sharing.

I cannot live without my personal phone.

Hard to tell HR if my other "office" phone is also confiscated by Police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaman View Post
Bro Ninja, I think you got it the other way round. My own experience is that they will seize your phone but return you the sim card.
I was stopped coming out from the famous blue condo on the hill after visiting an ML there. They ID themselves as CID and told me they had observed me entering unit #xx-xx at xxxx hrs and leaving at xxxx hrs. Took me to one corner of the carpark. Then asked me to relate what happened... followed by some questions. They took my phone and scrolled thru the contents and dialled some numbers. Asked me more questions about some text messages and contacts. After that they took a short statement from me and asked to sign on it. Just then I saw the ML that I had visited come out of the lift with 3 other officers.... and proceed to board a yellow van with DHL markings.
Then they took out my sim card and returned it to me but seized my phone. But they did inform me the phone will be returned back to me after they sent for inspection.
True enough.... I receive a letter about 2 weeks later asking me to collect my phone from Tanglin Police Stn.
I met up with another policeman whom I know before I went to collect my phone as I was apprehensive about what will happen at the police station. He told me not to worry as its normal procedure. He said I was lucky I was using a legitimate sim card otherwise my sim card would have been confiscated if it was a unregistered one. And I can be charged under the Telecoms Act..... although no jail time for this offence but the composition fine is still quite stiff at $300.