Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 53 / Power: 12
SpitZur deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Divorce Lawyers - Recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloweryMonk View Post
thanks brother, now i know there are 3 legal cases. i am trying to save some money for the lawyer fees. will 5k be sufficient? how long will this drag? i assume long drag means higher lawyer fees.
Boss, if you have to save even now, I suggest you go into this no contest. 5K isn't alot. This lawyer I intro to you, you can google the law firm or the lawyer himself to see their/his ranking. Last heard is top 10.

1) Lets assume 1st session for divorce can be around 5K & below.
2) Let's assume 2nd session because you want care & control which 110% sure will not be awarded to you, will cost around 8k-10k. Verdict as mentioned will be joint custody means kid will be staying at both houses a few days a week subject to court's judgement.
3) Now you are not happy with the verdict of (2) and you want to appeal & fight for full care & control. Be prepared to spend around 8-10k

Duration:
1) Divorce can be very fast if both parties agree but if there are hiccups along the way for whatever reason, 6mths-1yr
2) 2nd session may involve child psychologists from MSF to be involved for them to see how the kid behaves infront of mom, then dad and then both mom & dad. This will take quite a few months alone & many session at MSF. Expect around 6-8months. Once finding is complete, they do a report, submit to courts & the court will, as I mentioned, if all goes well, award both of you joint custody & then both of you will have to arrange when who gets to keep the child. This part, expect 10mths-1yr
3) Appeal for full care & control. This part is very subjective as this goes into very crucial part of family court because a minor is involved. Expect another 6-12mths but unless you have a super solid case against why you should be in full care & control, and the mother damn jialat for whatever reasons ( must have proof ) then give your lawyer & see how they feel whether this evidence can or cannot or useless if used.

If you still need to save now boss, I dare say, you are not financially very well off. For that alone, the courts will look at you as unable to financially take care of the child already. That's already not in your favour.

Personally, I would suggest you do this. The LEGAL age a kid can decide who to stay with is 16. Do what you have to, to ensure the kid will decide to move in & stay with you once he turns 16.

In the meantime, save the money for your kid's upcoming future expenses etc

This is my personal & company lawyer so I know him very well & 100% trust his ability.
The above cost & timeline shared is because I intro him to a good friend recently who also went through the same things I mentioned above.
I also told him to skip the appeal in the end & save the money & do everything he can to aim for the boy's 16th birthday!!
*I do not earn any commission but if someone, anyone asks me to recommend a lawyer, I will recommend him for sure*