View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 895 / Power: 23
PuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to behold
Re: Beijing Recommendations

Good Luck Brother!

It is always a pleasure to share with fellow brothers.

I understand what you mean when you said that you like Beijing.

Eleven years ago, when I first stepped into Beijing, the traffic and all were really chaotic. I think we might have only the 3rd ring road, and traffic jam is eveyday and every hour. The cheonging scene was really 'dark', a miss in attention might end one up in a pit that needs a lot of RMB to get out. I was lucky not to have encountered any unhappy incident probably because I was more careful.

During the "Yan Da", even now, late in the night, when you travel with a girl whom you have just known from a joint, is stopped by the Gong-An. The normal practice is you and the girl will be asked to the different sides of the car and be questioned by two different officers. Their questions are to find out how well you two know each other. A slight mis-matched in answer, such as she does not know you name, and/or you do not know her name, etc, will end up in the Police Station and be extorted. Usually, the girl will be fined and you are asked to pay for the girl as well. I am not sure recently this is still happening, but do be-careful. Beijing is a nice place if you know where to go. Ask the locals, I remember two years ago, some locals brought me to a KTV in Wangfujin. The decor was not up to standard, and the girls are in the 5/7 category. But you can make love to the girl in the room, yes, in the room. Guess how much it would cost? RMB 500 which is inclusive of the RMB 200 you are supposed to give her. I spend lesser time in Beijing now, and am hence not a good guide. There are more and more brothers now in Beijing, and I am sure they are a good source of information.

My $14..92 worth

PuTonRen aka UFO_Man