View Single Post
Old 16-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 647 / Power: 15
hamper is a name known to allhamper is a name known to allhamper is a name known to allhamper is a name known to allhamper is a name known to allhamper is a name known to all
Smile Re: How to have an Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamper View Post
Hi All,

Just had my Avatar in SBF, found a site with procedure and ”GiF ResizeR" to help me resize those animated avatars download from free site. It worked well for me in very easy way!

The link stated below, hope it will provide an alternative way for mates to have your favourite avatar.

# How to Change Size of Animated .GIF Images ?

cheers
hamper
Hi All,

Previous posted link can help to resize your Avatar in term of Dimension.

Now found another way to resize your Avatar in term of file size (Kb). It called "GIF Optimizer" which help to reduce file size to 11.4Kb (SBF limitation).

# Compress & Reduce Size of Animated .GIF Images Upto 90%

So combine using GIF Resizer and GIF Optimizer, you can have more choice of Avatar.

Share some experience...
- too complicated animated avatar after resized to 65 x 65 dimension, it become normal Gif file which won't move.
- too big file size (Kb) cannot be lesser than 11.4 Kb even compress to the limit by using GIF Optimizer.
- try to search for Avatar which riginal size less than 40Kb which higher chance to meet SBF Avatar limit. Save effort and time...

cheers
hamper