View Single Post
Old 30-11-2022, 08:34 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1529 / Power: 10
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Talk About Stock Holdings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman View Post
Thanks for the advice.

what other bonds of the highest quality besides SSB & SG gov bonds?

What are examples of investment grade bond ETFs?

I am really a noob when comes to all these.
US govt bonds. But beware, theres tax on your coupons. Like 30% tax. So you gonna factor in that to see if its worth it.

investment grade bond ETFs - you have to search. Try using yahoo finance or just google. type in "Investment grade bond ETF", see what comes out. Or try to search the big ETF providers: ishares (blackrock), vanguard, etc. Remember to see where they are listed as there might be tax implications / lack of access for foreigners / capital restrictions. Also note the traded currency as you will be exposed to currency risk (but this risk is small in developed country currencies compared to your investment holdings). Best is if you can find an ETF you want to invest in and its listed in your home country, so it wont have many of these restrictions and may even allow to use SRS.

You need spend time to research up these things yourself. Money dont come without work. Make yourself accustomed to monitoring and researching such things so you can monitor it a few times a year at least and not wake up 1 day to find your investments going bankrupt.

Finally, i dont believe in any get-rich-quick schemes like crypto, NFTs, etc (or such types of ETFs). You shouldnt too. Even if its legit, you wont be able to endure that kind of risk given your age