View Single Post
Old 30-08-2005, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Please read before you post any movie.

Is it an offence to buy VCD/DVDs released in other countries and brought into Singapore?

Videos sold outside Singapore are considered to be uncensored when brought into Singapore. The MDA works closely with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority to check on travellers who bring in uncensored and obscene videos at the checkpoints. At the same time, the MDA takes a balanced approach when travellers bring in items bought outside Singapore for personal consumption. These items include VCDs and DVDs.

Some of the VCD/DVDs brought in may be from the exempted categories which do not require classification. All videos brought into Singapore should be declared and submitted to the Board of Film Censors (part of the MDA) for classification. The Board classifies videos under the Films Act based on the content and does not determine their origin, i.e. whether the videos are pirated. Pirated videos are illegal under the Copyright Act.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here