Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 11 / Power: 0
Highjoys deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Sad Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by taker97 View Post
Used to run a successful business in oil & gas sector. Knew a fellow businessman man since 2010 who is elderly and we partnered together in many projects successfully. We used to call each other daily, meet weekly twice have dinner blah blah blah, go over to each other houses .I would say he was a very close n dear friend to me.

2017 my business closed down and he too stopped his business. We kept in touch but not as often.Just yesterday I met him for lunch after 1 year and we had completely NOTHING to talk about. The lunch was very formal with alot of awkward silences. Yea we spoke the usual stuff like family, wat am i doing now etc. As we sat and ate our food, i could recollect all the happy and stressful moments we had together.

I felt that we have lost touch and what we used to have or share wasn't there any more. Not that I and he was arrogant, or i owed him money or we had some bad blood.

Its just that the whole relationship was built on business and grew into friendship, but the very friendship became dusted once business is no longer there.

Anyone have a similar experience.
Well, I have seen similar things before. When business is doing well and everyone is loaded, we will have a lot to talk with much satisfaction with personal achievements in earning high income... but when business failed and all sources of high income are gone, suddenly one becomes dejected and not so talkative.... everyone seems to be in gloom and it seems life lost some interest to some...