The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Adult Discussions about SEX

Notices

Adult Discussions about SEX Misc chit chat about sex, whores, girls, love and lust. This section is a ZAP FREE zone.

User Tag List

Old 30-03-2008, 02:59 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 35 / Power: 0
destarius deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Sg law on sex related isuue and and some of the most asked questions in the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketrocket View Post
One quick question...

Is it illegal to have paid sex in a hotel room? Does the cops got any right to just come charging into the room without any warrant?
I'm not totally sure of the legality, customer-wise. It is very much illegal to be the OKT though. I have not come across any criminal case where a customer was charged, though you may have to testify. That being said, I've not come across a case where the girl has not simply pleaded guilty and/or was repatriated so I would say while you should cooperate, it's not likely that your testimony would be required.

There are two general types of warrants, search warrants and arrest warrants. But we don't need to get that far.

Practically speaking, the hotel staff would usually not obstruct the police from entering the room and would likely assist in the entry with the hotel security team (if you're talking about a nice hotel ). The police are not in the business of paying for broken doors, nor do hotels want to be known as uncooperative (and/or possibly accused of operating a place of assignation or a brothel). I would think that it would be too troublesome to look up the Chambers Magistrate in the Sub Courts just to get a warrant under section 152 of the Women's Charter for a hotel room.
Old 17-04-2008, 03:17 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1270 / Power: 22
goodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud of
Re: Sg law on sex related isuue and and some of the most asked questions in the forum

Read both of Big Sexy's stickies but did not find any related Q&A on this one: What kind of sex-related websites are illegal to own, manage or rent-out under Singapore law?

E.g. I recently kpo kpo started a yahoo group to consolidate and provide FL information to bros here, will I get into trouble with the law? What if I start running a website to display those information, or have a forum, etc.? Or if I start renting out the forum for FL activities? (this one is thinking aloud/extreme only)

In this respect, are websites like sammyboy and forums like sammyboyforum are covered under the law? If I've understood all the postings correctly, provision of a website that discuss about sex (legal or illegal) does not fall under "soliciting", since it's the members (e.g. OKT) that does it, not the owner of the website or web properties. Am I right?

Hope I'm not touching on anything sensitive here
Old 17-04-2008, 07:54 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

to cut it short .. it depends on where you host your website. you do not necessary have to host it using a local server. understood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodpartner View Post
R What kind of sex-related websites are illegal to own, manage or rent-out under Singapore law?

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 20-04-2008, 03:40 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1270 / Power: 22
goodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
to cut it short .. it depends on where you host your website. you do not necessary have to host it using a local server. understood?
Eh... I think I understand but can elaborate more?
Where can I read the long version like those you've quoted from some law books or something?

Does it mean that by hosting it in oversea's server, the ONLY reason why I'm "safe" is because the "authority" will not be able to track me down as they can't issue a court order to inspect the server log or get the owner's identity?? If this is the case, it's still illegal under our law to do it right? Just that it's harder to be caught using oversea's resources?

OR do you mean that if it's hosted elsewhere, only the law governing that locality applies, so that I don't have to be concerned about Singapore's law? (In which case I have to ensure that server is hosted in a country that has liberal laws on sex-related sites?)

Old 20-04-2008, 11:02 AM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

if i knew u r a OKT. i would never reply your previous post. i do not deal with OKT... now go and do some homework, unless you are willing to pay for my services.

Quote:

Old 22-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 205 / Power: 18
borom is a Helpful and Caring Samsterborom is a Helpful and Caring Samsterborom is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by borom View Post
Seems to me (a non lawyer) that the courts here have jurisdiction as long as either of the two parties have a personal connection (citizenship,residence,domicile) with Singapore

It thus appears that a person can get a divorce in the Family Court here if he or his spouse
•are a Singapore Citizen
•have lived in Singapore for at least three years
•are domiciled in Singapore.

I think we strayed off the Thai ger topic here and any Bro who want to continue this discusssion could perhaps bring it over to the
following thread which is more appropriate
Sg law on sex related isuue and and some of the most asked questions in the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberspace Nerd View Post
Marriage not registered in singapore also can get divorced? I wonder how they are going to do the paper work when there is none in the first place.
If the above is true, then baby bonus or whatever also can claim?
Can any Bro help to answer Cyberspace Nerd's queries on the above posted
in the Re: Marrying A Thai ger thread .
I think this is the more appropriate thread for this issue
Old 22-04-2008, 03:20 PM

borom.. get him to post his questions here.. and before he does, get him to read this thread and the one on marriage in sg... These stickies are here for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borom View Post
Can any Bro help to answer Cyberspace Nerd's queries on the above posted
in the Re: Marrying A Thai ger thread .
I think this is the more appropriate thread for this issue

Old 23-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Samster

Quote:
These additional personalized features need some web programming and host it separately, since it'll need individual user logon/profile to a website (which I'm thinking of building). That's why I'm "doing my homework" as a cheongster (on this thread which looks like the right place to ask), to check if I'll get into trouble with the law if I do build such a website service.
Not all of us are personally against OKTs but BigSexy is right, if this is a business then you should pay for advice.

One possible view is that you may be abetting the OKT's offence of solicitation by aiding, that is r/w section 109 of the Penal Code. You will face the same penalty as the OKT.

As for hosting on a foreign server, let's just say I have a more conservative view than BigSexy.
Old 25-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
RLau deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Hi, always wanted to know this. I like to ask, under Sg Law, what's the penalty for exposing someone's phone#, car license plate, address, etc. on this forum in the following circumstances:

1) As a sabotage to someone - For e.g. someone post a FL contact here giving out a lady's contact info, for personal revenge.

2) As a warning for others - For e.g. the above fucker is being tracked down, then his particulars are being exposed here in clear to warn others and serve as a "punishment".

I think case 1 is obviously a no-no and the lady can take it up to sue the guy. I like to learn more about case 2.
Old 26-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 205 / Power: 17
lblittlebear is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlblittlebear is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlblittlebear is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLau View Post
Hi, always wanted to know this. I like to ask, under Sg Law, what's the penalty for exposing someone's phone#, car license plate, address, etc. on this forum in the following circumstances:

1) As a sabotage to someone - For e.g. someone post a FL contact here giving out a lady's contact info, for personal revenge.

2) As a warning for others - For e.g. the above fucker is being tracked down, then his particulars are being exposed here in clear to warn others and serve as a "punishment".

I think case 1 is obviously a no-no and the lady can take it up to sue the guy. I like to learn more about case 2.
Hi, my 2 cents below. Do note that I'm not a lawyer or know the law so what I said may not be technically correct.

Point 1) I think this is very clear-cut. The girl will probably make a police report. The guy will probably "lim-go-pi" with the police. I think that guy will probably be given a stern warning or just a small fine only. Don't think it's serious enough to warrant a jail sentence or heavy fine especially if that guy has no crime records. Not a good comparison but if you read about the recent slapping incident, I think you can see my point.

Point 2) I also don't know. I think it depends on what information it is being revealed. Name? Nric? Address? etc

But I think Sg is having very strict laws on privacy. For instance, these days, NRICs of the prize winners are not published in full in papers (something like S72XXXX89J). Also earlier on, if you read the news on one company trying to go to court to force PacificI nternet to reveal the IPs of those who download and share the music/movies but was unsuccessful because of privacy laws. From the IP address, it can track back all the way to user's PC and home address but PI refused to provide them. PI won the case. Not sure on the final outcome now as last time read that the company is appealing.

Lastly, my personal advice to you on your last sentence. Next time, it's better to omit out the last few words " ... serve as a punishment".

I think it could be quite serious to threaten someone else in Sg and I believe there are some non real samsters monitoring this forum. You could be quoted for your comments ...
Old 26-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
RLau deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lblittlebear View Post
Hi, my 2 cents below.
Hey, thanks. I'll upz u at some point in time for sharing your 2cts

Right, it's nice that privacy law is strictly observed by authorities in Sg especially online.

There are much flaming and threats happening around forums, so if what you said is true, those who are giving threats are protected in a way too.
Old 26-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 205 / Power: 17
lblittlebear is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlblittlebear is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlblittlebear is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLau View Post
Hey, thanks. I'll upz u at some point in time for sharing your 2cts

Right, it's nice that privacy law is strictly observed by authorities in Sg especially online.

There are much flaming and threats happening around forums, so if what you said is true, those who are giving threats are protected in a way too.
I think flaming is still okay "legally" but when come to threats, it's a bit serious in Sg.

Let me give you a scenario that is based on real personal experience.

Suppose both A and B are in arguments and exchanged heated words or flaming. I think still "okay". Problem comes when if one party say A said he is being "threatened and does not feel safe". If he makes a police report, then B will have to "lim-go-pi".

Keyword is "Threaten". Police will ask the "victim" again if he/she really feels "threaten". If the answer is "yes" for a second time, then the "lim-go-pi" session will start. Usually, it ends with a stern warning (if no criminal record).

Worst case is A can even file for Protection Order against B. But this is not so often the case.

That's why I advise don't use the "heated words". Sometimes, the more you type, the more errors you make and be quoted
Old 05-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Samster

Quote:
Worst case is A can even file for Protection Order against B. But this is not so often the case.
Eh, my personal opinions which can be horribly wrong:

I would like to know how you can legally do this between strangers because I was of the view that there isn't any statutory framework for it. PPOs today are granted under the Women's Charter, which is available for family members etc, but not between say, boyfriend and girlfriend. I haven't seen for myself the kind of orders that US courts make, for example, like a restraining order requiring the defendant to stay 100m away from the plaintiff, although we do have domestic exclusion orders (e.g. husband not allowed to enter the home).

Also - with respect to 'privacy laws' - I don't think, with the exception of perhaps the Banking Act, that a person's NRIC number cannot be printed. The primary reason why companies don't do this for various other reasons, largely because it is not absolutely necessary, it draws bad press, and possibly opens up the company to a claim if the NRIC numbers are later abused. I don't think having your particulars published is a violation of any law perhaps maybe a form of harassment or annoyance under the Miscellaneous Offences Act.

On the PI case, I was under the impression that the case was more of an issue relating to third party discovery (also, the judge in that case had pointed out that the plaintiffs were not the actual copyright holders).

On going to the police - let's just say that unless you can make out the threat element very clearly, an online flame is more likely to get you directed to the Magistrate's Court to do a Magistrate's Complaint.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:00 PM

i wrote this and ask sam to put it some where.. i wonder if he did..

Defamatory comments on the BBS

NOTE: The BBS Rules forbid any post that may be defamatory. You may be banned from the BBS if you ignore these rules. Please read below and be careful what you post here.

Defamation is a generic term which includes libel (written defamation) and slander (spoken defamation). In terms of the BBS it is a statement which might harm someone’s reputation by exposing them to ridicule or contempt; cause them to be ridiculed or held in contempt; or lower their standing in the estimation of the general public.

Note that defamation might apply to a company or organisation as well as to individuals.

The concern for the BBS (and for those who post defamatory comments) is that organisations and individuals can sue for defamation. This is important: the BBS (and those who maintain the BBS) may be liable for defamation posted here, as well as the perpetrators.

There seems to be a common misconception that be using the word ‘allegedly’ in a posting is a defence. That is absolutely wrong. It might assist Newspapers who report what they have been told by the Police, or have heard in Court, but it does not protect the individual who passes on something he has heard.

Some other points to note: Leaving out a name of an individual, but providing clues to identity is no defence. Not is an apparently innocent comment which may have a ‘hidden’ message (either to those in the know or which provides clues to identity).

In certain very limited circumstances, it is lawful to pass on a defamatory comment. One defence is justification. The truth is an absolute defence. If there is 100% proof that a person had an affair (for example), that person could not sue anyone who made the affair public. Another defence is ‘fair comment’. Sometimes it’s borderline, but that would apply to most chat. To provide a defence against a defamation claim, the comment must be fair and certainly without a dishonest or improper motive.

Quote:
I think flaming is still okay "legally" but when come to threats, it's a bit serious in Sg.

Old 17-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 9 / Power: 0
annoy-you-must is Cool - loads of Potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
Sale of obscene books, etc.
Let's say I had written some erotic fiction and want to post them up openly on a blog, will that be illegal and considered as distribution of obscene works?
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1