The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > Newbie Issues/Say "Hi"/Testing/Tech stuff

Notices

Newbie Issues/Say "Hi"/Testing/Tech stuff Test posts & questions regarding the forums. Please note that NEW MEMBERS are on moderation for a couple days in the other forums. However, this test forum is unmoderated & your posts will appear immediately. Note that you are still free to post messages in ANY section you choose but messages that you post in the other sections will not appear until they are released from the moderation queue. Your moderation period is over when the "(M)" below your nick disappears. Reputation cannot be added or deducted in this section.
NB: You cannot get out of moderation by posting in this section ONLY. You have to contribute positively in the other sections. 

Sam's Private Picture Forum - so much pussy juice! Image
View the sexiest broads that money can buy at Sam's Private Picture forum. SIX years worth of uncensored images all thumbnailed and catalogued for your downloading convenience. Join Now!

User Tag List
Garudannn

Old 30-10-2012, 01:46 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2693 / Power: 16
SEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Newbies HELPLINE.. Newbies Please post your question here.

Hmmmm.... I guess nobody cares!!

LOL!
SEAJ
Old 30-10-2012, 03:27 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2800 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrage View Post
Hi Big Sexy,

I do I see who have upped me? I refer to Qn 21, but "Posted by" column is not there. How do I enable it to see who added to my reputation so I can return the favour?

Thanks!
You are not supposed to return favours. Points should be awarded only for useful contributions.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates
Old 30-10-2012, 04:08 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there..
sorry...the info given in that post was outdated and wrong.
i have done a update on question 21.
you wont be able to see who "up" you unless the user leave his nick in the comment column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrage View Post
Hi Big Sexy,

I do I see who have upped me? I refer to Qn 21, but "Posted by" column is not there. How do I enable it to see who added to my reputation so I can return the favour?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboyfor View Post
You are not supposed to return favours. Points should be awarded only for useful contributions.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 30-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Samster

SEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How about Zaps - especially when it's quite apparent that there's some kind of organized effort to harass and silence one samster or another?

I would have thought that such activites would NOT be favorably looked at as all it does is discourage participation in you forum unless one toes the line and just participate in the brown-nosing and totally useless TCSS.

Thanks
SEAJ
Old 30-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAJ View Post

I would have thought that such activites would NOT be favorably looked at as all it does is discourage participation in you forum unless one toes the line and just participate in the brown-nosing and totally useless TCSS.
It is not favourably viewed either. Zaps should be for rude posts, spam, off topic stuff etc while additions should be for useful information.

However, that's in the ideal world. The real world is an entirely different kettle of fish.

At the end of the day, all I can do is provide guidelines. I can't alter the failings of human nature.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

Old 30-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Samster

Quote:
It is not favourably viewed either. Zaps should be for rude posts, spam, off topic stuff etc while additions should be for useful information.

However, that's in the ideal world. The real world is an entirely different kettle of fish.

At the end of the day, all I can do is provide guidelines. I can't alter the failings of human nature.
May I respectfully make a suggestion? That you program your software to auto-show the handle of those who Zap anybody else?

I'd opine that everybody must/should be able to justify his zaps and NOT be able to do it just to be spurious/ spiteful - and cause havoc on your board. I have of late tried zapping others "just for the heck of it" and have NOT had to be accountable for such action - which to me somehow just do not make sense.

In fact - what IS the reason why you deem it necessary to grant anonymity for Zappers? Since they can - and do - affect the "reputation" of others (by reducing their reputation points) without fear of any consequence or even having to justify his own action.

I'd think that Zapping should only happen when it IS warranted and not just at the whim of the Zapper(s)...and in my case, I feel such has been orchestrated behind the scene by people with their own nefarious agenda ...which I'd think is detrimental to the overall good of this forum.

SEAJ
Old 30-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
May I respectfully make a suggestion? That you program your software to auto-show the handle of those who Zap anybody else?
It used to be like that but it ended up as open warfare which spilled over into the real world. There were threats of physical violence.

The problem when nicks are revealed is even worse and there is no way those with low power dare to take on the old timers.

This way is fairer. The weaker ones can show their displeasure without having to worry about revenge attacks from a rabid gang.

Old 30-10-2012, 03:35 PM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

mate.. there is no perfect solution to it.. but here's a thought..
there is no rule in the forum which say you cannot create clones .. get it??

Quote:
I'd think that Zapping should only happen when it IS warranted and not just at the whim of the Zapper(s)...and in my case, I feel such has been orchestrated behind the scene by people with their own nefarious agenda ...

SEAJ

Old 30-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
mate.. there is no perfect solution to it.. but here's a thought..
there is no rule in the forum which say you cannot create clones .. get it??
Thank you for "your thought" but this is just too much trouble for one who's just interested in caring by sharing whatever insight/information one is able to contribute to the board. Am not interested in warfare or revenge attacks or forming any rabid gangs or whatever. And the way things are right now stacked up, I think I'll just mostly lurk around here; a pity actually, as I'd think that nobody wins then.

How about making ALL reputation Awards and Zaps out in the open for everybody to see and judge for themselves - if such Awards/Zaps are justified or not...and forming one's own mind about these guys who Zap/award recklessly without rhyme/reason. Then the general board can/would be the impartial judge as to the character/make-up of the Zappper/Awarder. Just another thought with due apologies if I'm straying into areas that is not of my concern.

Thanks
SEAJ

Ps edit
And come to think of it - why is there no rules against someone having clones?
It would seem to me that only those who are intent on causing havoc on the forum/with their own nefarious agenda would take the trouble to create such clone...or his own army of clones.

So as it is - there ARE members here who just re-inforce himself with his own clones and pull the wool over everybody??!! Just to advance whatever nonsense he's trying to advance? How does that benefit the forum and what I would have thought was one of the aims here...that of providing a forum for a fair and balanced discussion AND to share reliable and accurate information. Anyway....
Old 30-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Samster

Quote:
It used to be like that but it ended up as open warfare which spilled over into the real world. There were threats of physical violence.

The problem when nicks are revealed is even worse and there is no way those with low power dare to take on the old timers.

This way is fairer. The weaker ones can show their displeasure without having to worry about revenge attacks from a rabid gang.
But the way things are - with these clones and it seems to me some kind of concerted attacks by whoever feels slighted - how does "weaker ones" like I who only as his single handle here able to show my displeasure" at anybody and for it to mean ANYTHING? I can only zap him once and he can just as easily awards himself multiple points to negate - and bury from others - such expressions of displeasure. In fact, with that dan101 which I saw being docked to -269 - within one day he was back up to +269!! In effect just showing his middle finger to you and telling you that he reigns supreme/untouchable on here.

So you're OK with Samsters here - who really don't even pay you anything - to just run rampant and dictate their own wishes and rules OVER you?? Heck, I can appreciate allowing clones IF you were to charge each additional handle from each ISP address some kind of "clone fee" or whatever - but as it is - why allow these guys to ride roughshod over you...and you not benefiting in any way (and actually loosing out IMHO)?

SEAJ
Old 30-10-2012, 04:16 PM

yea mate..just live with it..the current method has proven to be the best after months and years of trying so there really isnt a need to change it for now..

as for clones, there is no way to stop them.. it is a problem for most forum...most members here are on dynamic ip address and if sam ban that particular ip, i reckon 30-50% or maybe more users here will be affected.

Quote:
I think I'll just mostly lurk around here; a pity actually, as I'd think that nobody wins then.

Ps edit
It would seem to me that only those who are intent on causing havoc on the forum/with their own nefarious agenda would take the trouble to create such clone...or his own army of clones.

Old 30-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
Ps edit
Rules are of no use if they can't be enforced. There is no way of telling which accounts are clones and which are original.

However, if they are used to abuse the rep system, I have a way of finding out and many clone accounts have been disabled because of this. However, with a bit of work, they can easily be recreated and the cycle continues.

My policy has always been one of a very light handed touch. People can pretty much post whatever they want as long as it isn't spam and isn't off topic. I leave it to members to police each other.

Even if you do get zapped, there is nothing stopping you from saying whatever you want. If you don't bother about your points, why worry if they're deducted. You aren't being silenced by anyone.

Old 30-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
yea mate..just live with it..
as for clones, there is no way to stop them.. it is a problem for most forum...most members here are on dynamic ip address and if sam ban that particular ip, i reckon 30-50% or maybe more users here will be affected.
Thank you for replying/tolerating these questions/suggestions of mine which are totally out of the sphere of my remit. Thank you.

Some forums I know go ahead and announce a period of moratorium for members to come clean and declare their clones - following which the Mods would just ban those who did not declare and continue to use clones.

In SBF's case such a moratorium could also be announced and SBF could then impose some kind of annual "clone usage" charge - and perhaps doubling or even tripling etc such charge if the guy did NOT declare it/Boss needed to discover it.

As rampant as these clones seems to be on here, I'd think that this would be a nice little earner for Boss - no? And meanwhile allow him to take back FULL control of his board.

Just a thought too.

SEAJ

Last edited by SEAJ; 30-10-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 30-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Samster

Quote:
=sammyboyfor;8004552]. There is no way of telling which accounts are clones and which are original.
I believe that you can easily program your software to catch multiple handles from ONE ISP address - that would be the way to catch these clones. Yes, of course they can use Proxies or VPN's - but how many guys would actually resort to such outlandish/labour intensive methods to post - unless of course if he does have some heavy duty reason to do so? But I'd think on a sex board as yours - not that many would have such a heavy duty reason.
Quote:
However, if they are used to abuse the rep system, I have a way of finding out and many clone accounts have been disabled because of this. However, with a bit of work, they can easily be recreated and the cycle continues.

My policy has always been one of a very light handed touch. People can pretty much post whatever they want as long as it isn't spam and isn't off topic. I leave it to members to police each other.
Yes I agree 100% that a light touch is the best way for ANY forum - UNLESS there is rampant and serious abuse of the system in place. And my experience of recent date, IMHO shows that there is such abuse of your board. (33 Zaps over one post - that wasn't even meant to be offensive - and such zaps only stopped since I stopped posting on the general board to NOT give him the opportunity to further zap me). In effect this guy/group of guys have dictated to me what I should or should say or not say....and dictate what goes on in the forum.
Quote:
Even if you do get zapped, there is nothing stopping you from saying whatever you want. If you don't bother about your points, why worry if they're deducted. You aren't being silenced by anyone.
Yes, I can continue to post - but as somebody who has no agenda - why would I? Yes, the points means nothing - but I've noticed that anybody with negative reputation points here gets routinely ignored and derided - so what's the point of participating? I wonder how many other GENUINE well-meaning members have also stopped posting for similar reasons?

And also, if and when I get zapped to under 40 points - don't I lose my award giving/taking powers? And even gets "moderated" at some point?

SEAJ

Last edited by SEAJ; 30-10-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 30-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
I believe that you can easily program your software to catch multiple handles from ONE ISP address - that would be the way to catch these clones. Yes, of course they can use Proxies or VPN's -
SEAJ
Because Singapore ISPs force uses to use proxies, I have seen up to 400 connections from the same IP address at any one time. In fact, my host thought it was a DDoS attack and locked the whole lot out.

Clone creators aren't idiots. You don't need vpns or proxies. Just reboot your modem between each registration and your IP address will change.

There are filters that could be put in place to help control simultaneous log ins from the same computer which would work for forums with lower levels of traffic but if I implemented them here, the whole forum would slow down dramatically and surfing the content would become a pain.

The reason why you are zapped isn't just because of clones. It's also because of how you come across in the forum. I reserve further comment.

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1